Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time to move on to greener pastures...

Well it has been pretty hectic as of late. For those of you who don't know I am currently in a long distance relationship with my fiance, Sara. Well we both have come to the consensus that we really can't continue our relationship apart for much longer. "Okay, so what does that mean?" you might be asking yourself right now. Don't worry though, we are not splitting up or anything. We have just decided that it would probably be best, for both of us, if I moved back to Montana this summer. This way we can both: A. be together, and B. figure out what we both want to do with our lives.

To be honest Utah hasn't worked out as well as I thought it would (like most well thought out plans, they tend to not go according to plan). I did not get accepted to the University of Utah this year. The job front has been lacking and I have been reduced to living in my Uncle's basement while working a part-time (if you can call it that) job at one of the local elementary schools here in good ol' Tooele County. I guess I picked the wrong time to graduate from college. I recently applied for a job in Virginia City, Montana working as a Tour Guide for the summer. Hopefully that works out well. But nonetheless it seems that I just cannot stay out of this blackhole of a geographical location known as the state of Montana. That is not to say that I loath the thought of working there or even moving back there for the rest of my life. It's just at this point in my life I feel that my place should be elsewhere. I'm not ready to just resign myself to staying in Montana. Granted it is all I have known for the past seven or eight years, my friends and fiance are there, and all of my best recent memories are there as well. I just feel that Montana does not have as much opportunity there for a young college graduate like myself as opposed to other places. I'm glad that I at least have the option of moving back to Montana. It could be worse I suppose, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I am just really confused about what I should do, and that growing up sucks...a lot. If I knew it was going to be this hard when I was say, five or six years old, I probably would have acted like I was retarded or something so I could have an excuse to never leave home. But I guess that is being selfish of me, I just have to roll with the punches and eventually something will come my way I just gotta keep working hard and looking for it.

Any way, enough with this pitty party crap. On the bright side I am going to try to get the whole next week off. It is Sara's spring break so I figure I might as well keep her company for a couple of weeks. It is pretty awesome working for a school. You get all of the student breaks, and the teacher breaks off. Since I am not a licensed teacher, just an aide I don't have to go to all those stuffy and official training meetings. I just get to do whatever I want on my free time which used to be looking for jobs, but now I think that will go on hold for a while until I get back to Montana. Sara said something about how her mom needed some help around her house that week so I am going to do some odd jobs around the house, so it isn't a total vacation I suppose. Anyhow it should be fun. I enjoy driving up to Montana, and I really enjoy spending time with Sara's family.

Speaking of other things I enjoy, today "Kings" premiered on NBC. I missed the first hour of it due to "The Amazing Race," but from the last hour or so I did watch it looks pretty good. It is supposed to be like a reimagining or modern telling of the biblical story of King David. I'm hooked and I didn't even watch the first hour of the premiere. Since my favorite TV show is throwing in the towel next week (Battlestar Galactica-the good one, not the one with the capes and lasers) "Kings" looks like a suitable replacement so far. Looks like this week will be a good TV week. The first new "LOST" in a week will be on, we finally get to see if Sawyer still has the hots for Kate, and hopefully get some answers on this Dharma initiative stuff. And as I mentioned earlier "Battlestar Galactica" ends forever with its two hour season four finale. Looks like Bill Adama and the rest of the crew are going on a suicide mission to rescue Hera from the clutches of the toasters. Who will survive and who will die, it's sure to bring some tears to the eyes. I don't know about you but when good TV shows end it just makes you sad on the inside. You feel like you have been a part of its development, you feel like you know the characters and then all of a sudden the show ends. You are no longer a part of it. Just something to think about I suppose.

Well if you have gotten this far, thanks for reading, tune in next time, and I will try not to be so depressing.

3 comments:

  1. you're "general bitching" keeps me occupied at work! :) i'm so glad you got a blog. i need to update mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant to say "your". i had to say that before you corrected my sucky english!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg -- you need to be a writer... Words are your thing. LOVE IT.. You express yourself well. Think about it. AUTHOR - GREGORY SMITH Famous nephew of Debbie Gale (a nobody)..

    ReplyDelete