Monday, March 23, 2009

New Segment Coming Soon...

Hey all, well I am just going to come right out and say it: I haven't had anything to write about lately, until now. After braving the weather and Utah drivers, I finally arrived back to Tooele to find a package from my Mum on my bed. To my astonishment it not only contained my favorite treats from Europe, Jaffa Cakes, Kinder Chocolate, and Cadbury's Chocolate, it also contained some oddities of sorts. To put it bluntly it contained some snack sized bags of chips with questionable flavors. So it hit me: why not try these bags of chips and then blog about what I find. I won't go into details here about what I am going to try, that will just take the fun out of it, but right now it is getting late, and frankly I am a little emotional.

I just finished the final episode of Scifi Channel's (or is it SyFy now?) reimagined take on "Battlestar Galactica." Seriously watching this last episode and knowing it is the last one ever is like having your pet die, you remember all the good times you had with the pet, and yet you are sad you will not have any more good times with said pet. Seriously, if you haven't seen the new "Battlestar Galactica" you should, words cannot describe the awesomeness of this show. I don't know how I could have gotten through college, or any other week for that matter without this show. I would not have gotten my homework done during the week if it were not for Ronald Moore and David Eick's reinterpretation of this show. It has everything a good show should have: sexy chicks, violence, mythology, realism, relativism, a great plot, mystery, sexy chicks, suspense, and great character arcs just to name a few. I'm glad my roommate Ian got me into this show relatively early in its progression. "Battlestar Galactica" is seriously a show that will be talked about for years to come. The ending blew me away, honestly I don't know how they pulled it off. The expectations for the ending of this series were monumental, and somehow Moore and Eick and all the writers did it. The odds were against them and they took a risk and for me, it worked. I won't give away the end for those of you who may want to check out the series, but the rollercoaster ride that was "Battlestar Galactica" has a thrilling conclusion. Check it out if you are at all interested in Science Fiction.

Hopefully this week I can get to the first few bags of chips and let you all feel my pain, or pleasure by what I find. Until then tune in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment